Session 7: Sensor technology linked to animal welfare, health and environmental impact
- Michael Iwersen (30 min): Use of sensor technologies for animal health and welfare monitoring – a dream or rather a nightmare?
- Thorsten Hehn (15 min): A sensor system for cow monitoring with machine learning based classification
- Lena Lemmens (15 min): D4Dairy – Lameness prevalence in 10 Austrian dairy farms equipped with AMS and automated monitoring sensors
- Katharina Schodl (15 min): Potential of sensor based phenotypes for breeding: deriving auxiliary traits for metabolic health from sensor measured activity and temperature
- Amelie Vanlierde (15 min): Firsts results about potential use of fecal near infrared spectra to estimate daily methane emissions of dairy cows measured with GreenFeed system